Sunday 20 July 2014

Review: Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam by THEFACESHOP

Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam by THEFACESHOP

Natural Brightening solution with rice water




Hi guys! This is my first review and I hope you like it :)
The Face Shop is a South Korean cosmetic and skincare label, it has now branched out from South Korea to other parts of the world including the US and Asian countries such as Taiwan.
The Face Shop skincare products are very similar to The Body Shop here in the UK. 
Today I will be reviewing this cleansing foam which is meant to brighten the skin naturally with the rice water.
There are many benefits to rice water including tightening of the skin pores, softening of the skin, prevention of hyper pigmentation and of course, it brightens the skin.

Directions: Dispense an adequate amount into the palm and lather fully. Massage into the face and rise thoroughly with lukewarm water.

Ingredients: 


Cost: I bought this cleansing foam in Hong Kong when I was there for the summer holidays, this product is the cheapest product that I found which was at 49 HK dollars which is equivalent to £3.70 in SweetMay. Usually shops such as ColourMix in HK sell for 110 HK dollars which is around £8.31.


(My skin type: Dry to sensitive skin)
My thoughts: I found this particular face wash made my skin a bit dry after I applied it on the face but I have really dry skin anyway. Apart from that, after a few washes with this daily, I have noticed a slight difference to my skin. It looks like my skin has brightened but not whitened which is what I wanted from this cleansing foam. However, I did not use this product continuously so my skin went back to the way it was previously, so I think that continual use of the product is important if you want the full result.  I also chose this product, with the aim of lessening the appearance of my dark spots. I would say, the dark spots are still visible but are less noticeable. Overall, I will purchase this again as I believe this product really is true to what it says on the label. 

Pros: 
  • Brightens the skin
  • Clears away most of my makeup 
  • Lathers up well
Cons: 
  • Slightly stings my eyes (close your eyes when you apply it!)
  • Usually very pricey in retail stores (I bought this in HK so it might be cheaper elsewhere)
Repurchase?: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment