Thursday 13 November 2014

Review: Benefit Sweet Tintations Christmas Gift Set 2014

Benefit Sweet Tintation Christmas Gift Set


AVAILABLE AT BOOTS, DEBENHAMS, FEELUNIQUE.com, LOOKFANTASTIC.com and BENEFIT.

This is one of the christmas gift box sets that has just been launched by Benefit and this is sold at a price of £19.50.

The Sweet Tintation Gift Set contains:
  • Full size Lollitint lip balm (retail price: £14.50)
  • Full size Benetint lip balm (retail price: £14.50)
  • 4ml Benetint miniture size (original size 12.5ml - retail price: £24.50)
  • 4ml Lollitint miniture size (original size 12.5ml - retail price: £24.50)





I first came across the gift box set from Benefit when I was browsing through the ASOS magazine. I thought getting four lip tints for the price of £19.50 was totally worth it and I've always wanted to try the famous Benetint. I have always been looking for a moisturising tinted lip balm too which is a bonus!
If you order this gift set on the Debenhams, a free gift is given with your order, from me I got the mini they're real mascara. I was really happy with this purchase, I will be reviewing this later in the week.

My thoughts: The gift box had the cutest packaging and I feel in love with it straight away. I expected the Benetint and Lollitint to be slightly bigger but I guess it is reasonable as this comes with two full size tinted lip balms. Both the tints is travel friendly as well as the tinted lip balm.
I am impressed with the packaging with the lip balm, the design and colour of the packaging is very cutesy. I like how the tube is slightly metallic and is the same colour as the lip balm itself.
Now onto the products itself:
  • Benetint lip balm: As described by Benefit, this is a sheer coloured lip balm. This enhances the colour of my lips and make my lips brighter in a subtle way. This looks very natural on the lips and gives a slight sheen too.



  • Lollitint lip balm: I am slightly disappointed about this lip balm because I think the colour itself is the prettiest purple pinky shade but it does not show on my lips. My lips are already quite pigmented. In order the for the lip balm colour so show on my lips, I have to apply concealer onto my lips. In my opinion, I think the Benetint lip balm looks better on my lips than the Lollitint lip balm. 





  • Benetint: My first thoughts were that this tint was very watery. The colour is a very true cherry red colour which suits every skin tone, the watery texture makes the tint easier to apply onto the lips, I found that the lip tint drys out quicker than the Lollitint.
  • Lollitint: The love the colour of this lip tint, it can be used onto the lips and cheek. This tint takes longer to dry out which gives time to spread out the tint on the lips or cheek compared to the Benetint. The tint brightens the appearance of my skin when applied on the cheeks.
Tip: To achieve more colour to the lips, apply the lip tint onto the lip first then apply the tinted lip balm on top of the lip tint.


I update every week and will be shortly going on holiday to Korea and Hong Kong! and will be uploading trip hauls and reviews as well as what I will be up to!
Don't forget the follow me and please comment if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment