Sunday 20 July 2014

Review: Benefit High Beam Highlighter

Benefit High Beam Highlighter

I heard many things about this product, positive and negative so I thought I would like to try this product out. I knew I would not be disappointed as Benefit products are good in my opinion.

Benefit is an American brand founded and headquartered in San Francisco in 1976 by the twins Jean and Jane Ford. Ever since then, Benefit has become one of the biggest and well known makeup brands internationally.

Price: £19.50 













This Benefit High Beam Highlighter according to the 
Benefit website has many awards!
  • Makeup Winner, Debenhams Beauty Club Awards, 2011
  • Best in Beauty - Best New Highlighter, Woman and Home, 2011
  • Best Beauty Buys - Best Highlighter, Social and Personal, 2011
  • Best Highlighter, U Beauty Awards, 2012
  • Best Highlighter, Beaut.ie, 2012

Ingredients:


 This image was obtained from the Benefit website


Description: Our satiny pink liquid highlighter accents cheek & brow bones for a radiant glow. Use as a spot highlighter or delicately blend all over your complexion. Looks perfectly radiant on all skin tones.


How to apply: Dot and blend over makeup on to cheek and brow bones, or anywhere you want a glance to linger.





My thoughts: I loved this highlighter the minute I first used it! It gives a very subtle and natural glow which is perfect for everyday wear. I find it perfect as it highlights my nose to make it look taller and it is the perfect consistency for highlighting on the upper cheek. I find that if I used this highlighter in the inner corners of my eyes to make them look more awake, it does not last very long and it does not make a difference to my eyes, therefore I think this product is mostly suitable for my cheeks and the nose. The product only lasts for a few hours and so must be reapplied throughout the day.


Pros:
  • Natural finish
  • Easily blendable
  • Natural sheen and no large particles
Cons:
  • Only lasts for a few hours
  • Pricey

No comments:

Post a Comment