Saturday 8 August 2015

Living London life on the edge: Breakfast for dinner and Sunday roast for lunch



Hi guys!

My sisters and I went on another trip to London at the weekend. 

Below is a picture of a street near Bond Street in Central London. 



 
A failed attempt of taking a OOTD :P


Attempt No.2 of my OOTD..


We took the Central Line and got off at Bond Street station to find the restaurant 'Galvin Bistrot de Luxe' where we booked a place to eat Sunday Roast for lunch. 



We arrived at 12pm (when the restaurant opened). However, I didn't expect the restaurant to look so extravagant when I walked in.  I kid you not, there were about fifteen waiters standing around and we were the first customers. 


At the start we were given a complimentary starter of soda bread and butter along with these mini cheese bites.  It tasted just like those cheese twists from Tesco supermarket, (just wanted to mention that). There were three dishes to choose from consisting of a choice of three types of meat such as turkey, chicken breast and beef.

I decided to choose the beef and have it cooked medium rare. In fact, we all chose the same exact dish as each other. But, I think the beef turned out to be a bit too rare for me so perhaps next time I won't choose medium rare if I eat beef in a restaurant again. Although, there were only two roast potatoes which I thought was not enough, they were the best potatoes on earth! On the menu, it mentioned that the chefs use duck fat to roast the potatoes in order to achieve a nice crispy outer layer.


 

This was horseradish cream in case you wanted some with the beef.
 




After eating our Sunday roast, we shopped in the area of Bond Street. It was mainly my sisters who needed to shop for clothes and we browsed in Topshop, Forever 21, Pull&Bear, Zara, Urban Outfitters and H&M.

Cute little restaurants down this road, reminds me of Paris.

During our shopping hours we stopped by a pop-up store in Soho called Cutter and Squidge.  They sell biskies (home-made sandwiched desserts, ice cream sundaes and all sorts of cakes.  Soho in Central London has many dessert places and this is one of many of them. This place was particularly special because of their signature biskies.  They had all sorts of flavours including green tea, lychee and red velvet. I wanted to try their raspberry biskie but that was sold out.

We asked what their most popular biskie flavour was and it was Chocolate and Salted Caramel and S'mores. 



Ice cream sundae: Brownie and Salted Caramel 




S'mores Biskie


Inside Canada Square shopping mall in Canary Wharf, where we walked through to get to our restaurant for dinner.
 


Next stop for dinner : The Breakfast Club

     



This is the menu.. 

Firstly, we wanted to order one of their smoothies but unfortunately they didn't have the exact fruits so we asked whether we could make a smoothie with lychee juice, strawberries and blueberries (the remaining fruit). It was BOMB!



 
Them pancakes thoooo!
 
   

Biju bubble tea house in Soho was our last stop.  I have to say the matcha drink was terrible. Just just no... But the popping mango balls in the drink were good. I will definitely not be visiting this place for bubble tea again :P -  I'll stick with my Chatime.
Here's a nice picture of it though....


 

This summer I will be adventuring in London more often. 

Look out for some more blog posts! I hope this gives you an idea of what London is like and hopefully  it will give you some ideas on where to visit in London.



Thank you for reading this post - have a lovely summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment