Friday 22 August 2014

Paris day trip: day one



Day one in Paris:

Hey guys!!, 

This summer my family and I decided to book a holiday to Paris, the city of love!

We decided to stay in a hotel around thirty minutes from the centre of Paris, that way we would save a lot of money on hotel stay. Our stay came with continental breakfast every morning and all the pastries were freshly baked the night before. I know because I could smell it down the corridor!


After having filled our tummies in the morning we headed off to the Musee d'Orsay....
There you can see a huge clock at the centre of the museum, we spent around two hours roaming around and saw many statues and objects, it was quite interesting to learn about the history...


Our next stop off point was at a famous cake and sweet shop called Hugo and Victor, we ended up buying ice cream instead of the sweets but it was well worth it! I had pistachio flavour and it was amazing!!!


We pasted this cute little cake shop, I saw it on television once so it must have been famous!


Whilst eating our ice creams, we went to look for another tourist attraction (museum) called Musee de L'Orangerie
where we saw the famous water lillies by Claude Monet!!

It was getting quite late into the afternoon and our tummies needed food! Luckily we booked a place beforehand as you all know Paris can get very busy at night with all the romantic night dinners especially restaurants near the river. A perfect romantic spot!
We headed to the Notre Dam and the restaurant was right outside it called the Le Tournebiene! It was there that I had snails for the first time, it tasted kind of like chewy mushrooms, which I didn't mind. I also had a fish casserole dish with potatoes, leeks, vegetables and fish. I never had it before and I must say it was so delicious and hearty. To end the day, I had a gooey chocolate fondant sponge with vanilla ice cream topped with caramel sauce!!!




Stay updated for my next Paris blog post!!










No comments:

Post a Comment