Tuesday 26 August 2014

Paris day trip: day four


Paris day trip four: 

Paris day trip or shall we say Versailles day trip!!, we just had to visit Versailles during our trip in Paris, it only took an hour to get there from our hotel in Paris so the journey was not that far!

First thing in the morning we had our usual continental breakfast, we took some chocolate croissants with us for our journey to Versailles, we couldn't resist!!

We were still so hungry when we arrived in Versailles which was around noon time so lunch time it was...
We came across a cafe which pretty much served  everything inside a crepe. We had this dish where there was a burger bun inside of a crepe instead of the usual brioche bun,that was so filling and we still ate some more!!!
I also had a peach and vanilla ice cream crepe which was also so filling, I had a massive food belly after all of that...



That food took a while to settle in my stomach!
What better way to walk it off by queuing with the Versailles palace for two hours!, look at it!


There were so many people and no seats anywhere, it was nice to learn a bit about the history in Versailles and I took some nice pictures to add to my collection pictures on holiday trips. 

Believe it or not, we went to another place to eat!!, I don't know how our tummies managed to have room for one more gut busting dinner...
Anyways we decided to eat at a  nearby restaurant with good ratings on trip advisor called Instant Fraicheur. This restaurant mostly had locals from Versailles. I did not see one tourist and the waiter did not speak English and so we had to use Google translate. I loved the idea of local food, which I definitely got from this restaurant. The chef even came out to greet us and told us what was on the menu. I had beef for main course, which was cooked to perfection!! I especially loved the potatoes with the sauce. I have to say, I was not as impressed with the dessert. I usually like a runny inside in a chocolate soufflé/fondant, but inside The cake overbooked and did not leave that runny middle. I tried my sisters creme brûlée. I have to say, the chef that made that I will happily applaud. I have never tasted anything like it, it was creamy and it did not taste like a normal creme brûlée I find in the shops. It was packed full of vanilla and tasted almost as if they have had caramelised condensed milk of some sort. 


After the lovely dinner, we travelled back to Paris, we had a little midnight snack in the hotel too. 
Stay tuned for the last day of Paris tomorrow!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment